Creating a Resource Page for Your Audience: Tips and Examples
Are you looking to provide valuable content to your audience? One effective way to collect and promote your favorite tools and resources is by creating a resource page. Not only does a resource page add depth and value to your website, but it also allows you to share your top recommendations for products and services with your audience. Let’s delve deeper into what a resource page is, why you should create one, and how you can make a value-packed page that stands out.
What is a Resource Page?
A resource page is a curated page that links to helpful resources, tools, apps, products, services, media, or websites that your audience may find useful. This page can also be referred to as a recommended tools page, an affiliate links page, or even a brand toolbox. At its core, a resource page serves as a one-stop shop for finding a brand’s recommended resources. It includes the tools or products that the staff uses and loves in the company’s day-to-day business. Creating a personalized resource page that reflects your expertise can be particularly valuable for solopreneurs or freelancers. Alternatively, if you’ve built a following and engaged audience, your resource page will be valuable to the people who trust your guidance.
Approaches to Creating a Resource Page
You can approach creating a resource page in three different ways: using only affiliated links, linking to resources organically (because you love them and for no other reason), or a mixutre of both. Affiliate links allow you and the product company to have an agreement where you earn a small commission from people who unclude your affiliate link to engage with in the future.
Why Create a Resource Page?
Creating a resource page is crucial, not only to maximize your income as part of your affiliate strategy, but more importantly, it is beneficial for your audience. A resource page curated by you can help your audience find tools, resources and websites that help them solve problems they face. It makes for a personalized experience with hand-picked links that you actually use, enjoy or get value from. Your expert opinion matters to your audience, and since it’s you they trust, they’ll value the resources you recommend.
Tips for Creating a Valuable Resource Page
Anyone can create a list of links but here are some tips on how to make your resource page valuable for your readers:
– Collect a list of links to your favourite and most trusted tools, websites, products, services, etc. that relate to what you do in your niche. Always consider what would be most beneficial for your audience to include on this page.
– If you plan to include affiliate links, always add a clear disclosure that you may earn a commission when your visitors click on those links.
– Explain why you’re recommending each product, service, tool, etc., and why they’re valuable. Be honest and transparent by never recommending anything you haven’t used yourself.
– Organize and optimize your resource page so the most visitors will get the most use out of it. Categorizing your resources and adding a heading (an H2 or an H3) to each one can make it easy for users to find what they need.
– Link to relevant content on your site, but take care not to make your page too self-promotional.
– Update your resource page regularly, ensuring that all links are working and accurate. Use a broken link checker to track this accurately.
– Link to your resource page in other content, including blogs and core site pages like the about us page for easy access by visitors.
Are you looking for help with optimizing your website’s SEO and creating valuable content for your audience? Contact Bridgewell Marketing for information on our SEO services.