Utilizing Quora for SEO Research: A Guide to Finding Valuable Keywords and Insights
Assessing and researching what people want and need is of utmost importance in the world of SEO. However, traditional SEO tools may fall short in capturing the true diversity of user queries. Often, keywords, questions, and phrases are asked differently, and SEO tools may label them as “zero volume” keywords. But the reality is that these keywords have high engagements on platforms like Quora, with likes, reshares, and upvotes.
For instance, let’s take the query “How do I promote my gigs on Fiverr?” This keyword may have a search volume of 20 in the U.S. and 50 globally according to Semrush. Based on this data, one might assume that this keyword isn’t worth pursuing for SEO. But on Quora, this question garners significant engagement. There are hundreds of related questions, over 1,000 followers, and thousands of upvotes for notable answers. These keywords, questions, and variations are valuable, contrary to their “zero-volume” label.
Why Quora is a Goldmine for Keyword Research
So, why should we use Quora? Are these really zero-volume keywords? The answer is likely not. When people engage in discussions and ask questions on a topic, it demonstrates its importance to them. If we pass up on this opportunity, we’ll miss out on crucial insights. Quora is not only a platform for individuals seeking information; it’s also a hub for industry professionals and experts to share knowledge and insights.
By actively participating in relevant discussions and answering questions on Quora, you can gain valuable insights into industry trends and stay updated on your competitors’ activities. This information allows you to refine your content strategies and tailor your offerings to a targeted audience. Additionally, Quora serves as a platform for informal market research, providing insights into potential customer pain points and needs.
Assessing Quality and Credibility on Quora
Quora has implemented various measures to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the information shared on its platform:
Reliability of information:
- Quora has a robust community moderation system, where trusted users review and flag inappropriate or misleading answers.
- The platform encourages the use of citations and references in answers to authenticate the information provided.
- Quora verifies the identities of notable individuals, such as professionals and industry experts, to ensure credibility.
- Users can showcase their expertise through their profile credentials, including educational background, work experience, and relevant qualifications.
These efforts combine to make Quora a reliable source of information, where users can assess the quality of answers and credibility of contributors before relying on the information provided.
How to Use Quora for SEO Research
Here are some strategies to effectively use Quora for research purposes:
Utilizing Quora for research:
- Search for a topic of interest and explore the related questions and answers.
- Read the comments and replies, focusing on those with the highest upvotes.
- Quora encourages detailed explanations and personal anecdotes, providing diverse perspectives for researchers.
- Quora offers firsthand accounts and valuable opinions on various topics.
- Interact directly with experts in your field of interest.
- Follow relevant topics and individuals to stay updated on the latest trends.
- Upvote or downvote answers to promote quality information.
Quora vs. Other Platforms
Quora vs. Reddit:
- Quora boasts a large and diverse community of experts, professionals, and enthusiasts.
- Reddit, on the other hand, is known for its topic-specific communities called subreddits.
- Quora emphasizes longer, detailed answers, while Reddit encourages shorter, conversational responses.
- Quora uses algorithms to show relevant content, while Reddit allows users to customize their homepage with preferred subreddits.
Quora vs. Stack Exchange:
- Quora covers a wide range of topics, while Stack Exchange focuses on specific fields such as programming or science.
- Quora allows subjective answers and discussions, while Stack Exchange follows a strict Q&A format.
- Quora’s reputation is built on engagement, while Stack Exchange assigns reputation points based on helpfulness and accuracy.
- Quora relies on user moderation, while Stack Exchange has dedicated moderators overseeing content.
Quora for Businesses: Marketing and Lead Generation
Quora isn’t just a platform for individuals seeking knowledge; it can also be a valuable resource for businesses and marketers:
By creating a business profile on Quora, companies can engage in conversations related to their products or services and provide valuable insights to build trust and credibility with potential customers. Additionally, Quora offers opportunities for businesses to:
Actively participate in relevant discussions and subtly promote their offerings as a solution to users’ inquiries.
Establish thought leadership:
Showcase industry expertise by answering questions and sharing valuable insights.
To make the most out of Quora as a social platform, follow these strategies and utilize the wealth of information and expertise available. For professional SEO services and further information, visit Bridgewell Marketing.