Google Ads API Version 14.1: New Features and Updates
The latest version of Google Ads API, version 14.1, is now available. This minor update brings additional search term data, new recommendation types, and account management assistance.
With the new tools and features offered in Google Ads API 14.1, you can better monitor and improve the performance of your campaigns through data-driven decision making.
In order to access the new features of Google Ads API 14.1, you will need to upgrade your client libraries and client code. Google will be publishing the updated client libraries and code examples next week.
New Features in Google Ads API 14.1
Although there are no breaking changes, here are some of the new features available through the updated Google Ads system:
- Account Management
- Customer.customer_agreement_setting: Shows if the customer has accepted the lead form terms of service
- New fields in AssetGroup to show whether the asset group is serving or the reasons why it’s not serving: primary_status and primary_status_reasons
- New fields in AssetGroupAsset to show whether the asset group asset is serving or the reasons why it’s not serving: primary_status, primary_status_details, and primary_status_reasons
- New values in the CallToActionType enum: BUY_NOW, DONATE_NOW, ORDER_NOW, PLAY_NOW, SEE_MORE, START_NOW, VISIT_SITE, and WATCH_NOW
- New values in the AssetLinkError enum: CUSTOMER_NOT_VERIFIED, UNSUPPORTED_CALL_TO_ACTION, and PAGE_FEED_INVALID_LABEL_TEXT
- New fields in Invoice and AccountSummary: export_charge_subtotal_amount_micros, export_charge_tax_amount_micros, and export_charge_total_amount_micros
- New values in the CampaignPrimaryStatusReason enum: HAS_ASSET_GROUPS_DISAPPROVED, HAS_ASSET_GROUPS_LIMITED_BY_POLICY, and MOST_ASSET_GROUPS_UNDER_REVIEW
- (Allowlisted accounts only) DiscoveryCampaignSettings with upgraded_targeting: Allows you to add a location and a language as an ad group criterion
- New enum value: CriterionError.INVALID_DETAILED_DEMOGRAPHIC
- (Allowlisted accounts only) Support for adding LanguageInfo and LocationInfo as an AdGroupCriterion: Only available for a Discovery campaign with upgraded targeting enabled
- New values in the ExperimentError enum: DUPLICATE_EXPERIMENT_CAMPAIGN_NAME, CANNOT_REMOVE_IN_CREATION_EXPERIMENT, and CANNOT_ADD_CAMPAIGN_WITH_DEPRECATED_AD_TYPES
- PerformanceMaxOptInRecommendation: Recommends creating the first Performance Max campaign in the account
- ImprovePerformanceMaxAdStrengthRecommendation: Recommends improving the asset group’s strength of a Performance Max campaign
- MigrateDynamicSearchAdsCampaignToPerformanceMaxRecommendation: Recommends migrating a Dynamic Search Ad campaign to Performance Max
- New metrics and segments about new versus returning customers: metrics.new_customer_lifetime_value, metrics.all_new_customer_lifetime_value, and segments.new_versus_returning_customers
- New customer_search_term_insight and campaign_search_term_insight views: metrics.search_volume shows the volume range for a search term insight category
- New fields for listing groups: ListingGroupInfo.path and AssetGroupListingGroupFilter.path
- New field: ShoppingSetting.advertising_partner_ids
- New values in the CampaignError enum: NOT_LINKED_ADVERTISING_PARTNER and INVALID_NUMBER_OF_ADVERTISING_PARTNER_IDS
- (Allowlisted accounts only) AdType.DISCOVERY_VIDEO_RESPONSIVE_AD and its corresponding DiscoveryVideoResponsiveAdInfo
To learn more about the new features and updates in Google Ads API version 14.1, you can read the official announcement from Google.
At Bridgewell Marketing, we offer expert SEO services to help businesses improve their online visibility and drive organic traffic. If you need assistance with your SEO strategy, contact us today!