X has officially launched its creator ads revenue sharing program, allowing users to earn revenue from verified content creators’ ad impressions on the platform. This new feature is part of X’s initiative to help people make a living through posting on the site.
Why is this important? As Elon Musk rebrands Twitter to X, the platform has experienced a decline in ad revenue. However, this new program has already provided impressive early payouts to creators, which is generating interest in the brand again. While the payouts have been notable, the qualifications for eligibility may be too high for individuals to realistically earn a living through X.
Who is eligible?
In order to qualify for the creator ads revenue sharing program, your account must meet the following criteria:
- Subscribed to Blue or Verified Organizations
- Have at least 15M impressions on cumulative posts within the last three months
- Have at least 500 followers
If your account meets these conditions, you will also need to have an account with Stripe, X’s payment processor, and adhere to X’s Ads Revenue Share Terms, including the Creator Monetization Standards and the X Rules.
How does it work?
If your account is eligible, follow these simple steps to get started:
- Join and set up payments from within the Monetization section of the app.
- Click on ‘Join and setup payouts’ to be redirected to X’s payment processor, Stripe.
- Set up a Stripe account to receive your share, which can be transferred to your external bank account.
- Once you opt-in, you will receive regular payouts if you have generated more than $50 USD.
X has announced the rollout of the program through a statement in its Help Center. According to X, all eligible subscribers of X Blue and Verified Organizations are entitled to revenue sharing as long as they meet the criteria and join. However, users found in breach of the Ads Revenue Share Terms may be excluded from the program.
For more detailed information on how the ad revenue-sharing program works, refer to Twitter’s full announcement.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
For more information about Bridgewell Marketing’s SEO services, visit https://bridgewellmarketing.com.